Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Amazing Sunday

Unlike Sunday evenings of the past, it looks like a lightweight viewing night (hey always good for football!). This Sunday, I watched two television shows. I still intend on giving Pan-Am a chance, but I have yet to catch up to it on my DVR.

The Amazing Race

Another season, another race. I will be the first to admit that while I love the show, I think it may have run its course with me, but since nothing else of interest takes that time slot, I will gear up for another season of globetrotting fun. One of the things I have always liked about the show is the way the teams interact with each other as they compete. I would love to have a camera in the required off hours in between legs. In the end, watching these people run around my house could be interesting television. It is easily the best "reality" show on television, and the premier did nothing to make me think it will lose that distinction. I just hope the show retires while still on top, not becoming Survivor, Idol and the aweful Dancing with the Stars.

GRADE: A-

CSI: Miami

Probably the biggest characature in television is David Caruso's Horatio Caine(how many ways can he take off those sunglasses?). The season premier had record low ratings for the show, and really it did nothing to resurrect itself. This show actually had the lowest ratings of the three CSI's. It has always been the more light hearted of the CSI shows and used creative lighting and crazy computer systems that look like they belong in an episod of Mission Impossible. Of course, the show some how gets you to completely suspend disbelief, at take you on another thrilling mystery. This show continues the story of the finale and wraps up loose ends. The weakness....I was actually hoping Natalia died to do something that put some spice in the show.

GRADE: C

No comments:

Post a Comment